Overheating dryer leads to evacuation at treatment center - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Overheating dryer leads to evacuation at treatment center

Posted by Colby Rogers - email

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Investigators have pinpointed an overheating dryer as the cause of an evacuation at a VCU treatment center Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to 515 N. 10th St. in downtown Richmond around 6:30 a.m. They arrived to find smoke in an elevator shaft.

About two dozen children and teens who live in the treatment center were evacuated as a precaution.

After an extensive search, crews found the source of the smoke to be a clothes dryer.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly