Seven Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Assistance Centers in Virginia will expand service to area taxpayers eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit by opening their doors on Saturday, February 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Taxpayers wanting to know whether they qualify for the EITC can visit the Virginia IRS offices listed below. IRS personnel are available to answer taxpayers' questions, offer additional information about the EITC, provide publications about this valuable credit and help prepare returns claiming the credit.
Saturday service will be offered in the following offices:
* 2426 Lee Hwy., Bristol VA 24202
* 3303 Hwy. 29 N., Danville VA 24540
* 1320 Central Park Blvd., Fredericksburg VA 22401
* 903 Enterprise Parkway, Hampton VA 23666
* 1101 Court St. Lynchburg, VA 24504
* 400 N. Eighth St. Richmond, VA 23219
* 210 1st St. SW Roanoke, VA 24011
Taxpayers not in these areas can locate the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center nearest them by visiting IRS.gov. You'll find a list of local offices, with days and hours of service, by state at www.irs.gov/localcontacts/.
Taxpayers seeking assistance should bring certain documents with them, including:
* Valid driver's license or photo identification (self & spouse, if applicable)
* Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return
* Dates of birth for all persons listed on the return
* All income statements: Forms W-2, 1099, Social Security, Unemployment, or other benefits statements, self-employment records and any documents showing taxes withheld
* Dependent child care information: payee's name, address and SSN or TIN
* Proof of account at financial institution for direct debit or deposit (e.g. cancelled/ voided check or bank statement)
* Prior year tax return (if available)
* Any other pertinent documents or papers