Candle may have started fire that displaced two - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Candle may have started fire that displaced two

Posted by Colby Rogers - email

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Two Henrico residents were displaced by an overnight fire at their home.

The blaze broke out around 12:45 a.m. today in the 1700 block of Trailing Ridge Road.

Officials say two people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Both escaped unharmed and are staying with neighbors.

The fire is believed to have been started by a candle.

The second floor of the home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly