About The Restaurant Report
- NBC12's Restaurant Report features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield.
- Each Report is prepared by reviewing the inspections posted weekly on the Virginia Department of Health website: http://www.healthspace.ca/vdh.
- Restaurants that are cited for four or more critical violations on a routine inspection are included in that week's segment.
- Restaurants with no critical violations are eligible for the Hall of Fame Award. Each week, one restaurant is selected at random to receive that designation.
- NBC12 does not inspect any restaurant for health code violations.
All health inspections are done by trained inspectors employed by the state health department.
- Viewers can search the complete database of inspections on the state health department website. Each Thursday morning, the health department web address is linked from www.nbc12.com.
- Viewers with questions or complaints about a restaurant can report them through the health department website. They can also call their county health departments. A few numbers are listed here. Others can be found in the phone book.
Henrico: 501- 4529
- NBC12's Restaurant Report airs Thursdays at 11pm.