Lightning causes house fire in Henrico - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Lightning causes house fire in Henrico

From NBC12 News

Lightning is to blame for house fire in Henrico. It happened Sunday evening in the 2900 block of Irisdale Road. 

The family thought they heard a shot-gun blast. Then, smelled smoke. 

Duane Stone, whose home caught on fire, says his neighbor saw exactly what happened. Stone says, "Neighbor says he saw a lighting bolt come straight across and hit the chimney. Walk around the back and the roof was ablaze."

Six people were in the home at the time, including four children -- one as young as seven-months-old. 

Everyone got out safely. 

No injuries were reported.

(c) 2007. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly