RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Calling all Big Mac and quarter-pounder with cheese fans!
McDonald's and its franchisees are investing about $163 million in Virginia through 2019 to modernize dozens of restaurants.
The company says in a news release that it is "transforming the customer experience inside and outside the restaurant."
McDonald's also says its investing $6 billion across the U.S. to revamp most of its U.S. restaurants by 2020.
The fast-food chain says the restaurants will feature:
- Dining rooms with globally and locally inspired decorations, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
- Digital self-order kiosks
- Remodeled counters allow for new table service
- Digital menu boards inside and at the drive through
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
"We are also pleased that our modernization supports local architecture, engineering and construction jobs across the region.," said McDonald's Owner/Operator Carlos Mateos Sr.
Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.