Baby chickens die in accidental fire in Chesterfield - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Baby chickens die in accidental fire in Chesterfield

The fire closed Branders Bridge Road. (Source: @SgtOtero/Twitter) The fire closed Branders Bridge Road. (Source: @SgtOtero/Twitter)
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

About 20 baby chickens died in a fire early Wednesday in Chesterfield. 

The blaze started around 4:45 a.m. in a storage shed and flames spread to nearby brush. 

Firefighters say the heat lamp may have been too close to combustible items. 

The fire shut down the roads in the area of Branders Bridge Road and Lakeview Road. for a short time. 

Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12

Powered by Frankly