Man in a coma after New Year champagne bottle injury - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Man in a coma after New Year champagne bottle injury

(WWBT) -

A man is in an induced coma three days after a champagne bottle exploded between his legs on New Year's Eve. 

According to a Danish news web site, the man was injured when a shard of the shattered glass cut through an artery in his leg. He suffered an extensive loss of blood. 

He was taken to a hospital and placed into an induced coma. As of Wednesday morning, he was in critical condition.

Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12

Powered by Frankly