(CNN) - YouTube will try to clean up its act in 2018.
In a blog post late Monday, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said YouTube will increase the number of people working to oversee content to more than 10,000.
Google-owned YouTube has had a rough patch in late 2017, as advertisers have been pulling away from the platform.
Last month, it was forced to adopt additional screening measures on YouTube Kids after reports showed many of the videos there contained profanity and violence.
Wojcicki said Trust and Safety teams have already reviewed nearly 2 million videos for violent and extremist content over the past six months.
YouTube receives more than 400 hours of uploaded video each minute.
Copyright 2017 CNN. All rights reserved.
Damaris Fregoso got David K. Harbour to appear in her senior portrait. And all it took was retweets.