RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Thousands of people are expected to gather on Broad Street for the 34th annual Dominion Energy Christmas Parade on Saturday. Several streets will be closed, and there will be several "no parking" zones.
The parade will kick off at 10:15 a.m. at the Science Museum of Virginia. The route will then head east on Broad Street toward 7th Street. Rain or shine, the parade will feature a visit from Santa, holiday floats and marching bands.
Organizers say more than 100,000 people from all over the state come to Richmond to enjoy the parade.
To prepare for the parade, "no parking" zones along the route will go into effect at 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Here is a list of road closures that will go in effect at 7 a.m. until about 2:30 p.m.
- West Broad Street between Terminal Place and North Allen Avenue
- Broad Street (westbound only) between North Allen Avenue and North 8th Street.
- DMV Drive between West Broad and West Leigh streets
- West Leigh Street between Hermitage and Myers street
- 7th Street between East Broad and Jackson streets
- East Leigh Street between 4th and 9th streets
- East Marshall between 3rd and 7th streets
Click here for more holiday events.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.