(WWBT) - Colleen Quigley's recipe is called pumpkin "bread," but this treat tastes more like a cake! If you have a family of sweet tooths (sweet teeth?), make sure to add Colleen's favorite to your Thanksgiving table.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin (2 cups)
- 1 cup seedless dark raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecan halves
- 3 1/3 cups, plus 2 tablespoons unsifted all-purpose four
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Mix water, oil, eggs, pumpkin.
- In plastic bag combine raisins, pecans, and 2 tablespoons flour. Shake until well coated.
- Combine remaining flour with all other ingredients. Add liquid ingredients, mix well.
- Stir in raisin mixture
- Spoon evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
**Colleen skips the nuts and raisins. It's so delicious on its own!
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.