HANOVER, VA (WWBT) - A Hanover home went up in flames, Wednesday night, as the family-of-four was in Florida on vacation.
Firefighters had not been notified of the immediate fire, as the home is in a rural area. Crews ultimately investigated the house the following day, in the 14200 block of Country Sky Way in Beaverdam. When firefighters arrived, they found the remains of the home smoldering within the foundation.
The family returned Friday. Some rescue pets also did not survive the fire.
The incident is under investigation.
Here's a list of fundraisers to help the family:
Clothing donations are also being accepted:
Men's adult medium tops, men's size 32 x 32 pants, men's size 10 shoes
Women's adult large tops, women's size 12-16 pants, women's size 11 shoe
Men's adult small tops, men's size 32 x 30 pants, men's size 7 shoe
Girl's/juniors small tops, junior's pants size 5 or 7, and women's size 6 shoe
You can contact Marcy Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.539.9926
Donations are also being collected for a silent auction.
You can contact Angelica Valencia at 804-824-8781 or email@example.com for information.
Two other fundraisers are currently being planned.
A paint benefit is being held on Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m. It will take place at the Beaverdam Ruritan Club, located at 18002 Teman Road in Beaverdam.
A LuLaroe fundraiser will take place on Saturday, Dec. 16 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at 16174 Beaverdam School Road in Beaverdam.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.