Store at Chesterfield mall closed for few hours after fire break - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Store at Chesterfield mall closed for few hours after fire breaks out

Source: NBC12 Source: NBC12
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

A store at a Chesterfield mall will be closed for a few hours after a fire broke out in the bathroom.

Chesterfield firefighters received the call at 9:10 a.m. for a report of a fire in the bathroom at Chesterfield Towne Center, located at 11500 Midlothian Turnpike.

When crews arrived on the scene, they found a small fire in the bathroom of the At Home store. The fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system. However, there was still some smoke inside and outside of the bathroom.

No injuries were reported, but employees and customers evacuated the store.

Crews are still on the scene for water cleanup, which will start once the sprinkler system shuts off.

The store opened at 9 a.m., but the store will be closed for a few hours as crews clean up. There is no word yet on when the store will reopen.

Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12

Powered by Frankly