CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Seven people, including five children, were displaced after a fire broke out at a home in Chesterfield.
The fire broke out at 4:19 p.m. on Saturday in the 7500 block of Hadley Lane, located near Manchester Middle School.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found heavy fire and smoke coming from a window on the second floor of the home. The fire was marked under control about 20 minutes later.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was due to a child playing with matches and setting the bedding on fire.
The family of seven is displaced by the fire and is being helped by the American Red Cross.
A person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved