1 injured, 5 others displaced in Richmond house fire

1 injured, 5 others displaced in Richmond house fire

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in Richmond overnight.

It happened in the 1300 block of Idlewood Avenue around 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

Crews say the man injured and five other college-aged students in the home were displaced after a fire was sparked by a baseboard heater.

The man taken to the hospital suffered first-degree burns to his hands and face, according to fire officials.

Officials believe the victims are being helped by family and friends.

Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.