1 injured, 5 others displaced in Richmond house fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

BREAKING

1 injured, 5 others displaced in Richmond house fire

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

A person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in Richmond overnight.

It happened in the 1300 block of Idlewood Avenue around 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

Crews say the man injured and five other college-aged students in the home were displaced after a fire was sparked by a baseboard heater. 

The man taken to the hospital suffered first-degree burns to his hands and face, according to fire officials.

Officials believe the victims are being helped by family and friends.

Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12

Powered by Frankly