RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Here is the NBC12/RVA Sports Network 'Big 12' high school football poll, as voted on by members of each organization:
1) Dinwiddie (10-0, last week #1) – The Generals wrapped up a perfect season with a win over Meadowbrook and close the regular season as the top team our poll.
2) Hermitage (9-1, last week #2) – Hermitage handed Douglas Freeman its first loss of the season Friday in a 45-7 blowout.
3) LC Bird (9-1, last week #3) – LC Bird was an easy 41-7 winner over James River and finishes the regular season ranked third.
4) Highland Springs (9-1, last week #4) – The Springers beat Varina by 19 in the regular season finale to finish 9-1.
5) Manchester (9-1, last week #5) – The Lancers survived an upset bid by Cosby last week, 34-33. The teams play again Friday in the first round of the playoffs.
6) Thomas Dale (8-2, last week #7) – The Knights beat Matoaca and moved up one spot in our poll to close the regular season ranked 6th.
7) Monacan (8-2, last week #8) – Monacan had a bye this week but still moved up one spot in this week's rankings.
8) Goochland (10-0, last week #9) – Goochland had a bye this week but almost moved up one spot to #9 this week.
9) Douglas Freeman (9-1, last week #6) – Freeman's first loss of the season cost them three spots in this week's poll.
10) Lee-Davis (8-2, last week #10) – The Confederates hold steady at #10 this week after beating rival Patrick Henry in the Tomato Bowl.
11) Benedictine (6-2, last week #11) – The Cadets didn't play last week and remain at #11 in our poll.
12) Patrick Henry (7-3, last week #12) – Despite a loss to rival Lee-Davis in the Tomato Bowl, the Patriots stay at #12 this week.