RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Here is the NBC12/RVA Sports Network 'Big 12' high school football poll for week two. The top three teams stayed the same while Thomas Dale took the poll's biggest tumble following their loss to LC Bird. Cosby moved back into the poll after a one week absence while Hanover dropped out:
1) Highland Springs (2-0, last week #1) – Highland Springs keeps the top spot this week following an impressive 27-14 win against beach-power, Norview.
2) L.C. Bird (2-0, last week #2) - The Skyhawks were dominant in a 33-0 win over rival Thomas Dale in the 'Battle of Chester.'
3) Dinwiddie (2-0, last week, #3) - Dinwiddie dominated Hanover in NBC12's 'game of the week.' The Generals beat the previously-ranked Hawks 57-18.
4) Hermitage (1-1, last week #5) – The Panthers moved up a spot after a 41-13 win over Meadowbrook.
5) Henrico (1-0, last week #6) – Henrico opened the season with an impressive 37-6 win over Godwin and were rewarded with a move up this week's poll.
6) Manchester (1-0, last week #7) – The Lancers had a bye this week but still moved up one spot to #6.
7) Hopewell (1-0, last week #9) – The Blue Devils opened the season with a 42-14 win over Tabb and moved up two spots in this week's poll.
8) Thomas Dale (1-1, last week #4) – The Knights had the biggest tumble in this week's poll, falling four spots after getting shutout by Bird.
9) Lee-Davis (1-0, last week #11) – Lee-Davis shutout Tucker in the season opener for the Confederates and moved up to spots as a result.
10) Douglas Freeman (2-0, last week #10) - The Rebels stayed at #10 despite a 31-14 win over James River.
11) Monacan (2-0, last week #12) - The Chiefs are 2-0 following a 47-16 drubbing of Glen Allen, Thursday. Monacan moved up one spot in this week's poll.
12) Cosby (1-1, last week NR) – The Titans return to the poll after a one week absence after getting their first win of the season against Matoaca.