RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Here is the official NBC12/RVA Sports Network Big 12 poll for week one of the high school football season. Eight of the 12 schools in our poll played a game last week while four make their season debuts in week one. Cosby dropped out of the poll after losing to Thomas Dale. Monacan enters the poll for the first time this season following a big win at Caroline.
1) Highland Springs (1-0) – The Springers opened the season with a 21-14 over Hermitage in what will likely prove to be one of the Springers' toughest games of the season.
2) L.C. Bird (1-0) - The Skyhawks had little trouble with Meadowbrook in a season opening 49-7 win.
3) Dinwiddie (1-0) - Dinwiddie racked up 431 yards of offense in a 48-10 win at James Monroe.
4) Thomas Dale (1-0) - The Knights moved up one spot in this week's poll after a win 29-6 win over a ranked Cosby team.
5) Hermitage (0-1) - The Panthers dropped a spot in this week's poll following their loss to Highland Springs.
6) Henrico (0-0) - The Warriors open the season Friday at home against Godwin.
7) Manchester (1-0) - 500 yards of total offense led the Lancers to a 44-20 win over Matoaca.
8) Hanover (0-0) - The Hawks open the season at home Friday against Dinwiddie.
9) Hopewell (0-0) - The Blue Devils open the season Thursday at home against Tabb.
10) Douglas Freeman (1-0) - The Rebels moved up one spot to #10 in this week's poll following a 28-0 win over Midlothian.
11) Lee-Davis (0-0) - The Confederates open the season Thursday at home against JR Tucker.
12) Monacan (1-0) - Monacan is the newcomer in this week's poll following a 56-13 trouncing of Caroline.