RIO DE JANEIRO (WWBT) - Henrico's own Townley Haas will join fellow Team USA member Conor Dwyer for a chance to win gold in Rio Monday night as he advanced to the finals of the men's 200m freestyle event.
The semifinal saw Haas competing against Men's 400m Freesyle silver medalist Sun Yang of China and Men's 400M individual medley gold medalist Kosuke Hagino of Japan.
The results of the Men's 200m Freestyle Semifinals are as follows:
- Sun Yang - China: 1:44.63
- Kosuke Hagino - Japan: 1:45.45
- Conor Dwyer - United States: 1:45.55
- Paul Biedermann - Germany: 1:45.69
- Aleksandr Krasnykh - Russia: 1:45.69
- Townley Haas - United States: 1:45.92
- Chad Le Clos - South Africa: 1:45.94
- James Guy - Great Britain: 1:46.23
The finals will take place Monday at 9 p.m. at Olympic Aquatics Stadium.
Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved