Hanover County Animal Control and Shelter welcomes donations of:
- Dry dog and cat food
- Canned dog and cat food
- Towels, sheets, blankets and soft mats
- Newspaper (bundled)
- Raw hides and other chew treats
- New or used collars and leashes
- Grooming brushes and shampoo
- Cat litter
- Animal beds
- Formula for young kittens and puppies
- Kurdanda bed - order online
Lithium-ion battery safety checklist:
- Batteries with torn wrappers need to be replaced immediately.
- Excessive heat and cold are bad for batteries. 59 F is the best temperature. Don’t keep any devices with lithium-ion batteries in your car in the summer or winter.
- Don’t keep batteries in your pocket with loose change or keys.
- Keep batteries in approved battery cases when not in use.
- Keep your battery charger in a place where you can keep an eye on it.
- Batteries eventually wear our and need to be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the use and battery quality.
American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics:
FDA draft guidelines:
Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.