Colonial Heights house fire ruled 'accidental' - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Colonial Heights house fire ruled 'accidental'

Source: Colonial Heights Fire Source: Colonial Heights Fire
Source: Colonial Heights Fire Source: Colonial Heights Fire
COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA (WWBT) -

Investigators say a house fire in Colonial Heights was ruled as an accident.

It happened around 9:35 a.m. in the 100 block of Lexington Drive.

When crews arrived on scene, they saw heavy flames, and the house suffered major damage. The fire was marked under control at 10:48 a.m.

The people who were inside the home were able to escape safely, and the Red Cross was called to assist.

Fire crews say the cause of the fire was due to paper towels being left on the stove.

Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12

Powered by Frankly