(WWBT) - Flies and roaches were a problem for a Thai restaurant in Henrico on its last inspection. The inspector wrote that a complaint prompted the inspection and what was found led to a return visit.
It was at Lemongrass Thai and Vietnamese Cuisine at 3402 Pump Road in Henrico. It had four critical violations on its last inspection report. The inspector noted flies and roaches in the kitchen. Insects were still listed as a violation on the follow-up report the next week. The inspector noted a door was propped open and there was a gap below it, allowing pests to come in. Staff were told to close the gaps.
Up next, Tres Machos at 11521 Midlothian Turnpike in Chesterfield. The inspector found four critical violations, including re-fried beans that were not cooled fast enough to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. The beans were thrown out. On the follow-up two weeks later, the inspector noted everything was corrected and they had an "excellent recovery."
We're giving the NBC12 Hall of Fame Award for the second time to Harold's Kitchen at 806 East 22nd Street in Richmond. They have aced four health inspections by following the tradition set by Harold Thomas' father, when he started the business as a fish market in 1971.
"My father always told me, 'If you're going to do it, do it right.' That's what I try to do," Thomas said.