RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A gas leak that evacuated several buildings has been repaired on Thursday afternoon.
Virginia Commonwealth University issued an alert around 2:30, alerting students and residents of a gas leak in the 900 block of West Grace Street.
Four buildings were evacuated while VCU Police and Richmond Fire secured the area. The Department of Utilities was called in to cap the leak.
The VCU alert was updated shortly before 3:30, stating the situation had been "resolved" and that normal activities could resume.