OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
Big Field Day #BFD2015 Promotion
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWBT, LLC d/b/a NBC12, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond, VA 23225; and iHeart Media 3245 Basie Rd Richmond, VA 23228 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 1:20pm Tuesday 4/7/15 and ends at 1:20pm Monday 4/20/15. Entries must be received by 1:20pm Monday 4/20/15. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, City of Colonial Heights, City of Hopewell, Charles City, New Kent, Middlesex, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WWBT-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry or comment per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
3. How to Enter. There is 1 (one) way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 1:20pm Tuesday 4/7/15, individuals can sign into their INSTAGRAM account, visit NBC12's profile page at https://instagram.com/nbc12news, and LIKE the Big Field Day Contest Photo #BFD2015. Entries must be received by 120pm Monday 4/20/15 in order to qualify. . If you message us directly or post directly on NBC12's timeline or on the Instagram photo, this will not be considered an entry – the only way to enter is by liking the specific Big Field Day Contest Photo on NBC12's account, which is marked by the hashtag #BFD2015. By liking the photo, you agree to abide by these official rules. Deleting or unliking the photo in any way may withdraw your entry in this promotion. The Sponsor(s) have the right to determine whether a Facebook and/or Instagram user has entered this promotion in their sole discretion. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WWBT-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WWBT-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant's contact information, email address, and all information contained in the entrant's social media profile, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WWBT-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
5. Prize(s). One (1) winner will receive a four (4) pack of general admission tickets to Big Field Day, to be held at Richmond International Raceway on May 2nd, 2015. Each ticket is valued at $28 – total retail value of prize pack is $112. Tickets will be available to winners during business hours at NBC12 Front Desk located at 5710 Midlothian Turnpike on Wednesday 4/22/15 at 9am. Photo identification will be needed to redeem prizes.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
How the Prizes are Awarded. On the day of the contest, a Big Field Day Contest Photo #BFD2015 will be posted to www.instagram.com/nbc12news. Individuals must LIKE the photo. Entries must be received by 1:20pm Monday 4/20/15. One winner will be selected at random to win the prize. LIKES made after 1:20pm on April 20, 2015 will not count toward this promotion. Winner will be notified through direct message on their Instagram account by a representative of WWBT/NBC12 no later than 5pm on Tuesday 4/21/15.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver's license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 15 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Monday 5/1/15 at 4:30pm or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WWBT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WWBT-TV if WWBT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WWBT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner's social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites, including Facebook, from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WWBT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WWBT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).