If a restaurant's kitchen is flooded for any reason, the Health Department requires the restaurant to notify them because it's a health hazard. A report shows an assisted living facility got slapped with a violation for not reporting a flood last month.
It happened, according to the inspection report, at Ginter Hall South, an assisted living facility at 11300 Mall Drive Court in Chesterfield. Its four critical violations included that the person in charge failed to notify the Health Department when three hot water heaters exploded February 2 and flooded the kitchen. But the report says food service and kitchen equipment were moved to an adjacent room while the kitchen is repaired.
Plaza Azteca Mexican Restaurant at 10099 Brook Road in Henrico had nine critical violations on its last inspection. The inspector noted several employees blew into their gloves before putting them on. That's a critical violation because bacteria from saliva can get on the gloves and get on the food. The report shows violations were immediately corrected, and Plaza Azteca earned a perfect score when the inspector went back two days later.
In Richmond, Brio Tuscan Grille at 9210 Stony Point Parkway had four critical violations. The report says the deli slicer, the serrated cutter, ladles and measuring cups were all soiled to sight and touch. Brio corrected all violations on the spot.
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. Learn more about the Restaurant Report.More >>
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. More >>