Henrico family's dogs perish in house fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

BREAKING

Henrico family's dogs perish in house fire

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Two dogs belonging to a Henrico family died Sunday at the scene of a house fire.

Henrico fire units responded around 1:45 p.m. Sunday to a home in the 100 block of Wilson Ave., where first responders found smoke coming from the roof and fire coming from the side of the home. Authorities said inside the home, crews found fire in the kitchen. Not knowing if anyone was home, crews initially entered in an attempt to rescue anyone trapped inside.

Rescue crews recovered two dogs from the fire, and said both animals were in cardiac arrest. Authorities said rescuers performed pet CPR for 15 minutes, but could not revive the dogs.

Crews had the fire under control by 2:15 p.m. The cause was ruled accidental, originating in an electrical outlet in the kitchen.

The fire has displaced the family of two adults and four children temporarily, and the American Red Cross is assisting them.

Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly