RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A Richmond firefighter was injured battling flames at a home in the Fan.
Officials said around 11:26 a.m. Sunday they were called to the 2200 block of Floyd Avenue for reports of a fire. Once on scene crews spotted heavy smoke coming from the rear of the structure.
They determined the fire started in the kitchen and spread to a second floor bedroom. The fire was marked under control at 11:55 a.m.
One firefighter suffered burns to his arm, but we are told the injury appears to be minor. There were people and pets inside the home at the time of the fire, but everyone made it out safely.