15 cheerleaders treated after inhaling fumes on bus - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

15 cheerleaders treated after inhaling fumes on bus

SPOTSYLVANIA, VA (WWBT) -

A busload of cheerleaders returning to North Carolina after competing in Washington, D.C., became sick Sunday night when fumes leaked inside their bus along Interstate 95 in Spotsylvania.

Authorities said five ambulances were dispatched to the 5100 block of Mudd Tavern Road in Spotsylvania after the bus pulled over at a gas station when the cheerleaders started to have difficulty breathing. Ten cheerleaders were sent to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, and five additional cheerleaders were taken to Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center.

Late Sunday night, authorities could not confirm if the cheerleaders were affiliated with a high school or university.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly