OFFICIAL RULES FOR 2014 FIX IT & FINISH IT PROMOTION
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWBT, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond VA 23225 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6am 9/12/14 and ends at Midnight 9/27/14. Entries must be received by Midnight 9/27/14. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, City of Colonial Heights, City of Hopewell, Charles City, New Kent, Middlesex, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WWBT-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter. To enter, beginning on 6am 9/12/14, go to www.nbc12.com/fixit and complete an entry form and submit a video of yourself and your family stating why you feel that you and your family would make great candidates for a remodel of one of your rooms in your home. The video must also show the room you wish to be remodeled. The video must meet the video submission guidelines attached to these Official Rules. Entries must be received by Midnight 9/27/14 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. The room may be a kitchen, basement, living room, outdoor space, office, etc. in your home. The entrant must own the room or have permission from the owner for the remodel.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WWBT-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WWBT-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant's contact information, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WWBT-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyright right to the video. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights and privacy rights, contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant's failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion.
5. Prize. There will be a maximum of 1 prize awarded. The prize will consist of a remodel of the room submitted in the video by entrant. The remodel will be solely determined by Sponsor(s). The remodel will occur in a 12-hour period between 12/1-12/20 2014 or such other day determined by Sponsor(s). The approximate value of the prize will depend on the room, as determined by Sponsor(s). The remodel may, at the discretion of the Sponsor(s), be featured in an episode of Fix It & Finish It.
Sponsor(s) disclaim all warranties concerning the prize. Winner agrees to accept the prize as provided by Sponsor(s) and that Sponsor(s) make no representations or guarantees concerning the prize.
The prize may not be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prize is Awarded. The Executive Producer of Fix It & Finish It will determine, in his/her discretion, the winner by selecting the entry that he/she feels is most deserving, creative, interesting and/or appropriate for Fix It & Finish It. Fix It & Finish It is a television program broadcast in multiple cities in the U.S. There may be a simple background check.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. In order to be eligible, entrant must own the room or have the owner's permission, and upon request, must provide proof acceptable to Sponsor(s). A driver's license, appropriate picture identification, is required to claim a prize. The winner, each member of the winner's household, and the owner of the room will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 7 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit the prize.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes. Winner will also be responsible for any license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor(s) will report winnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that WWBT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WWBT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WWBT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).