Chesterfield man injured in overnight kitchen fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Chesterfield man injured in overnight kitchen fire

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

A man is recovering after he was badly burned in a fire at a Chesterfield home.

This all happening around 12:30 a.m. Thursday in the 13000 block of Steeple Chase Road, near Genito Road.

Firefighters say the flames started in the kitchen due to some unattended cooking - that's when the victim tried to put it out himself. He suffered second-degree burns to his leg and had to be taken to the hospital.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, and he will not be displaced.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by Frankly