Sulky Road apartment fire caused by overheated appliance - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Sulky Road apartment fire caused by overheated appliance in kitchen

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Several people are out of their apartment Wednesday morning after a fire in Henrico County.

No one was hurt, and no one was home when the fire started.

This happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 5000 block of Sulky Road, right off of Glenside Drive.

When firefighters arrived, they found a small fire in the kitchen of a second story apartment. Fortunately, it did not spread to any of the other seven apartments in the building.

The Fire Marshall's Office says the fire was likely started by an overheated coffee maker. The people who lived in the damaged apartment are being helped by the managers of the complex.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow