Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON and NEW YORK, May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The European hip replacement market, including total primary hip replacement, partial hip replacement and revision hip replacement, grew at 3.5% between 2005 and 2013 and is expected to reach $2.3 billion in 2019. Based on the type of procedure, Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA or THR) accounted for more than 70% while the Hemiarthroplasty and the revision hip replacements represented the rest. While based on the type of material, Cementless hip replacement accounted for most of the market, followed by Cemented hip replacement and Hybrid hip replacement.
Revision hip replacements have grown at a higher pace due to the defective prosthesis implanted in the past, increasing life expectancy and the younger patients undergoing joint replacement requiring multiple revisions during their lifetime.
The EU-7 segment accounts for nearly 49% of the European market. While the European hip reconstruction market for growing economies claims approximately 10%. Key players in this market include Zimmer Holdings, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Smith & Nephew Plc, and DePuy, Inc.
The region has witnessed high prevalence of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis in elderly population, which are the primary indication for THR. Incidences of hip fractures surge exponentially with advancing age due to degeneration and weakening of hip joint (femoral head and acetabulum socket). The other indications include osteonecrosis, infections and dysplasia. According to The National Osteoporosis Society, in the UK alone, there are around 13,800 deaths a year as a result of hip fractures and by 2016, there will be around 117,000 hip fractures a year in the country.
The recently published strategic market report by ABMRG, "European Hip Replacement Market Through 2019 - Opportunities, Trends and Pipeline Analysis", analyzes the hip joint replacement market for the entire Europe and 15 individual countries. It reviews historical trends and forecasts (2005-2019) the annualized trends for sales in terms of value and volume, market growth, pricing (Average Selling Price -ASP), competitive landscape and market share. It outlines the hip replacement pipeline products and highlights findings of the global clinical studies. It offers a cross category comparison for the historical and forecast period. It also provides global industry developments for last two years, including M&As, partnerships, clinical studies, pipeline, product approvals and launches, recalls and litigations, market dynamics, market drivers and restrains.
Implant segmentation - Total, partial and revision hip replacements, cementless, with cement, and hybrid.
Reasons to buy:
- Formulate market and business strategies based on market trends, market drivers, market restrains and challenges in the European hip market.
- Frame competitive product launch and product strategies based on competitive landscape in Europe and individual countries.
- Design capital investment strategies based on forecast high potential segments.
- Capitalize opportunities in high-growth geographies and attractive markets.
- Identify in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities, and recognize potential business partners and M&A targets.
- Plan for raw material and inventory in advance.
- Prepare management and strategic presentations using the market data.
- Zimmer Holdings, Stryker Corporation, DePuy, Inc. (J&J), Smith & Nephew, Biomet, Inc., Aesculap (B. Braun Melsungen AG), Wright Medical, Waldemar LINK, Beznoska s.r.o, Joint Replacement Instrumentation Ltd, Biotechni, Fournitures Hospitalieres, SERF Dedienne santé, Mathys Medical, Corin Group, Orthofix International, OMNI Life Science, Inc., Integra LifeSciences, Implants International Ltd, and Ivy Sports Medicine.
The 317-page report consists of 145 data charts and 145 data tables. Comprehensive TOC and more details on the report are available at http://abmrg.com/European-Hip-Replacement-Market-Through-2019-Opportunities-Trends-and-Pipeline-Analysis.html
Europe Orthopedic Devices Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2018-
China Orthopedic Devices Market Outlook Through 2018-
UK Orthopedic Devices Market Reports, 2005 - 2018-
Asia Pacific Orthopedic Devices Market Opportunity and Growth Trends Forecast Till 2018-
Spain Joint Reconstruction Market Trends Forecast Through 2018- http://abmrg.com/Spain-Joint-Reconstruction-Market-Trends-Forecast-Through-2018.html
ABMRG (Ace Business and Market Research Group) is a research and consulting firm focused on medical technology and pharmaceuticals. It offers comprehensive research and analytical studies targeting company, country and therapeutic sector, highlighting market dynamics, vital trends, business strategies, clinical pipeline and technology advancements. Its cutting edge reports empower companies to make smarter, effective and faster strategic decisions for business growth.
For more log onto http://www.abmrg.com
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics