Crews quickly put out house fire in Eastern Henrico - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Crews quickly put out house fire in Eastern Henrico

Posted: Updated:
Source: Henrico Fire Department Source: Henrico Fire Department
Source: Henrico Fire Department Source: Henrico Fire Department
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

A kitchen fire causes minor damage to a tri-level home in Eastern Henrico.

Crews responded around 3:53 p.m. Saturday to house in the 2900 block of Muncie Road. Officials say the small fire was extinguished within minutes of arriving.

The residents were alerted to the fire by a working smoke detector. The resident was able to knock the fire down with a nearby fire extinguisher. There was minor fire and smoke damage done to the residence, which was contained to the kitchen.  

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and caused by unattended cooking. They say one of the residents had placed a pan on the stove to heat some grease for cooking and left to answer the front door. The grease ignited within minutes of leaving the stove.

No injuries were reported due to the fire. The occupants will be able to stay inside the home.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow