Smoke evacuates Chesterfield apartment, family safe - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Smoke evacuates Chesterfield apartment, family safe

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

A family is safe after smoke billowed through their apartment early Wednesday morning, according to Chesterfield fire crews.

The family spotted the smoke and evacuated their apartment at the Colonial Village and Waterford apartments around 2:30 a.m. When fire crews arrived at the scene near Genito Road and Route 288, they discovered that an overheated air conditioning unit had caused the problem. There were no flames, and no damage reported.

The family was allowed to return to their home a short time later.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow