Four people including a child are displaced after a fire ignites inside their Church Hill home last night. The fire happened on North 33-rd Street near Oakwood Cemetery.
Curtis Brooks was stunned when he came across a burning home near his apartment Saturday night. Brooks says he often speaks to the family that lives there as he is walking by the house. He's upset that they now have no place to call home.
"They are good people, all people around here are good people," Brooks said.
Neighbors told us the massive fire rocked the quiet church hill community blocking off 33rd Street for several hours.
"I got off work and when I pulled up I was in shock because it looked like it may have blown up."
When fire crews arrived on the scene the home was fully engulfed in flames. It took firefighters just under an hour to get the fire under control.
Some people were even forced from their homes because the fire threatened nearby houses. The family living at the home was not there when the fire broke out. Luckily no one was injured.
While this home has been reduced to rubble the woman, two teens, and another child that lived there are all still alive and strong.
"You could replace everything there basically but you can't replace your life."
Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics