A wood stove sparked a fire in the basement of a Chesterfield home early Wednesday, according to Fire Marshals.
Someone inside the home at 2501 Lancers Boulevard smelled smoke and found a fire in the basement. They managed to escape and call 911 from a neighbor's house around 4:10 a.m. The occupant then climbed back into the home through a bedroom window to help another person inside.
Fire Marshals say the fire was caused by combustibles too close to a wood stove.
Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics