Grange Hall Elementary School evacuated due to smoke - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Electrical panel fire forces Grange Hall Elementary School evacuation

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

Students were forced to evacuate Grange Hall Elementary School in Chesterfield after a commercial electrical panel caught fire.

Smoke was noticed in the building around 12:50 p.m. and appeared to be coming from the basement, according to Chesterfield Fire officials.

Investigators determined the smoke came from an electrical panel and shut off power to the school.

All students and staff members are safe, according to Chesterfield school officials. Students were taken by bus to Parkway Baptist Church due to weather concerns.

Students are now going to be dismissed from the church, where buses will return them to their regular stops. Parents who pick up their children can go to the church at 8508 Beaver Bridge Road at 3:45 p.m. 

Grange Hall Elementary will be open Thursday.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow