Hot ashes sparked Chesterfield house fire - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Hot ashes sparked Chesterfield house fire

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

Chesterfield Fire crews say hot ashes left in a basement trash can caused a house to catch fire Monday afternoon.

The fire broke out just before 4 p.m. at 9024 Pepperidge Road. When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke and fire in the basement and first floor of house.

One person was inside at the time of the fire but was able to get out safely. It took about 25 minutes for firefighters to put out the blaze.

Four people are displaced, three adults and one juvenile. The Red Cross is assisting them.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow