Wood stove causes garage fire in Henrico - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Wood stove causes garage fire in Henrico

Posted: Updated:
SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department
SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department
SOURCE: John Sheehan SOURCE: John Sheehan
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Investigators say a wood stove is to blame for a garage fire in North Henrico.

Officials say 11:33 a.m. Sunday they arrived to heavy flames coming from the roof of a garage in the 11500 block Mill Road. That's off Mountain Road in Glen Allen.

A wood stove in the garage too close to combustible is suspected of being the cause of the fire.  The fire was marked under control at 12:00 p.m. Sunday. 

There is heavy fire damage to the garage.  Aggressive salvage operations were by fire crews saved much of the contents of the fire including a vehicle. No injuries were reported due to the fire.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow