Space heater believed to be the cause of Chesterfield fire - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Space heater believed to be the cause of Chesterfield fire

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

Chesterfield firefighters believe a space heater is the cause of a Saturday afternoon fire in the 52-hundred block of West Hundred Road. 

Despite heavy fire showing when crews arrived just after 2 p.m. it was under control in 30 minutes. 

Two people inside of the home escaped after being alerted by a smoke detector.  One person was treated for smoke inhalation.  They are now staying with family.

Officials say the likely cause was a bedroom space heater plugged into an extension cord.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow