Man treated for smoke inhalation after East Henrico house fire - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Man treated for smoke inhalation after East Henrico house fire

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Crews tell us a grease fire may be responsible for a house fire in Henrico's East End.

Officials were called to the 55500 block of Raleigh Road around 12:16 a.m. Saturday for reports of a house fire.  Once on scene units found a small kitchen fire which was quickly extinguished and marked under control around 12:35 a.m. Saturday.

Minor fire damage was done to the kitchen and light smoke damage was reported throughout the house. The cause of the fire appears to be due to a grease fire on the stove.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of the fire, but was not transported to the hospital.  That man is temporarily displaced by the fire and is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Henrico County Division of Fire urges everyone to take care when cooking and never leave cooking unattended.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow