Electrical short sparks fire in Richmond apartment - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Electrical short sparks fire in Richmond apartment

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

Richmond Fire officials say an electrical short caused a fire that forced 5 people from their apartment late Sunday night.

Officials now say the fire started with the short in the ceiling above a second floor apartment at 3917 Cutshaw Ave. around 10:30 p.m.

The call initially came in after smoke was scene in the streets near the apartment. No one was injured, but five people were displaced.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

 

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly