After dead insects were found, the health department told a Mexican restaurant to make sure it's being treated for pests every month.
The restaurant was Don Pedro Two at 9502 Chamberlayne Avenue in Hanover. It had five critical violations on its last health inspection. The inspector noted dead insects in the water at the bottom of the steam table. Problems were corrected during the inspection. Don Pedro Two still had two critical violations on the follow-up inspection a week later, which were then corrected.
In Chesterfield, Teppanyaki Grill at 1321 Carmia Way had seven critical violations. The report says shrimp and crab were thawing in a pan on the floor under a table. That and other violations were fixed during the inspection.
And in Henrico, Waffle House at 7109 West Broad Street had four critical violations. The report says waffle batter, tomatoes, cheese, ham and mushrooms were sitting at elevated temperatures in the sandwich unit. But the report shows that and other issues were corrected right away.
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. Learn more about the Restaurant Report.More >>
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. More >>