NBC12 Days of Deals Contest
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: This promotion is sponsored by WWBT-TV, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond, VA 23225; Adam & Eve of Richmond, World of Mirth, Lulu Luxuries, Thistles, Olive Oil Taproom and Franco's. The promotion begins at 1:00 AM EST on Monday, December 2, 2013 and ends at 12:00 PM EST on Friday, December 13, 2013. Entries must be received by 12:00 PM EST on Friday, December 22, 2013 in order to qualify for prizes. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. Enter by texting the keyword "12Days" to the SMS short-code 80412.
2. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties or cities within the Commonwealth of Virginia and or within the station's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, Charles City, New Kent, James City, York, Matthews, Middlesex, Gloucester, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, and Southampton who are 18 years or older by December 2, 2013 and who agree to participate by its rules and terms. Only (1) one entry is permitted per household.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WWBT-T, Mitchell & Young Residential Technical Services, Inc., other local TV stations in the Richmond DMA, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
By entering this SMS contest, the submitter provides the right to NBC12 to publish the winner's name on the internet and potentially display it on the air on NBC12.
Winner will be notified by telephone after the completion of the contest. Notification not responded to within 24 hours, the phone number disconnected may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits.
Winner may waive his/her right to receive a prize. Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of notification of winning. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor(s), result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Winner will then have until April 1, 2014 to have the installation of HVAC system completed. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is one way to enter this promotion, by texting the keyword "12Days" to the short-code 80412, which is owned by WWBT.
All entries must be submitted by residents of the above stated localities who turned 18 as of December 2, 2013. Only (1) one entry is permitted per entrant.
a. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to up-load, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. PRIZE: There will be (7) seven winners, who will each win one of the following at random: $150 Gift Card to Cinebistro, a $25 World of Mirth Gift Basket, a $50 Adam And Eve Gift Card, a $50 Olive Oil Taproom Gift Basket, a $200 Gift Certificate to Lulu Luxuries, a Barbours of England Coat from Thistles, and a $100 Franco's Gift Certificate.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. HOW THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED: (1) One winner will be selected at random from a database of SMS entries on Monday, December 16, 2013, and notified by phone. Sponsor and/or WWBT employee, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters, will contact winner.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Only (1) one entry is permitted per household. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Administrator's inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor and Administrator's sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the drawing.
8. SUBMISSION AND USE OF PHOTOS (NOT APPLICABLE IN THIS PROMOTION): You may submit no more than one photo Submission during the Contest Period. Entrant must have signed permission from all individuals (parents/legal guardian of children, if featured and if not your own) that appear in the Submission to use their name and image in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested by Sponsor and/or Administrator, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor and/or Administrator. By uploading a Submission, entrant assigns all right, title and interest in and to the submitted photograph to Sponsor. Such assignment irrevocably grants to Sponsor (and Sponsor's licensees and assigns) the exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Sponsor sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, Sponsor (and Sponsor's licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable and exclusive right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. RESTRICTIONS ON CONTENT OF SUBMISSIONS:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- The Submission must not disparage any person or entity;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortuous, and/or defamatory;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: All prize winners consent to the use of their names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on Sponsor's website and used by Sponsor for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and delete any photographs or user profiles, without notice, and for any reason. All entrants release Sponsors and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this Contest. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Contest.
10. CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE: Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release/indemnity and affidavit of eligibility within (5) five business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Prize notification will be via email at the Station's discretion. Winner will then have until April 1, 2014 to complete the installation of HVAC system.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. The awardees of each prize should consult with a tax professional to determine any tax consequences of being awarded.
The prize package will be reported to the IRS as required by law. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099. The prize package may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winners. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize with equal or greater value. The winner may not assign, sell or transfer the prize package or any portion thereof.
10. SPONSOR'S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: These official rules are subject to modification by Station to ensure fairness of the promotion and/or the original intent. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Station are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of wwbt.com, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).