Family displaced by house fire in Chesterfield - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Family displaced by house fire in Chesterfield

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

A family is displaced after their house caught fire in Chesterfield.

Crews responded to the 3200 block of Fox Chase Drive around 2:27 p.m. Sunday after a fan in the attic malfunctioned and caught fire.

A man was injured trying to put the fire out with a garden hose. They say he was treated on scene.

The fire was marked under control at 2:53 p.m. Sunday. There is extensive damage to the roof, attic, and second floor of the home.

The three people who live there are now staying with family.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow