Police release identities of suspects in McDonald's robbery - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Police release identities of suspects in Dinwiddie McDonald's robbery

Posted: Updated:
Robert L. Booker (Source: Chesterfield Police) Robert L. Booker (Source: Chesterfield Police)
Durrell Graves (Source: Chesterfield Police) Durrell Graves (Source: Chesterfield Police)
Cornelius E. Clayton (Source: Chesterfield Police) Cornelius E. Clayton (Source: Chesterfield Police)
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

There is new information about a string of fast food restaurant robberies. Friday, investigators released photos of three men suspected of robbing a Dinwiddie McDonald's. 

Police arrested the following suspects at the Circle K on Willis Road at 6:30 a.m. Thursday: Shatik U. Jackson, 19; Cornelius E. Clayton, 19; Robert L. Booker, 19; and Durrell Graves, 27.

They may also be connected to other similar crimes. Chesterfield Police picked up a total of four suspects outside of a convenience store, Thursday -- but NBC 12 has learned there may be even more people arrested. According to a source, shortly after the initial arrest, police then arrested an 18 and a 16 year old. 

"Ya'll need to go," someone yelled from a home on the street police said suspects Durrell Graves and Robert Booker live.

A neighbor directed us to a home that she identified as the source of a police search Thursday. As our crew approached the home, several people at the front door stopped our crew by yelling from the front door.

"If it's not true we should let people know," our reporter suggested to those at the door.

"No. Go," another responded.

Graves and Booker are among the four police say are connected to Thursday's robbery of a Dinwiddie McDonalds. The other suspects are Cornelius Clayton and Shatik Jackson.

Witnesses say police swarmed the parking lot of a Circle K in Chesterfield with their guns drawn. It's where police say two of the suspects were hiding in the trunk of their getaway car. An NBC 12 source says four men were inside that gray Chevy Malibu at the time of arrest.

"I feel 90 % safe. The other 10 % is to be aware that something could happen," said Julio Velez who lives on Bridgewood Road in Chesterfield, the same street as Graves and Booker.

"I always suspect that someone in this neighborhood or this street could be a criminal," he said.

The source says police also picked up two teenagers from Henrico, including a 16 year old in connection. Now police are trying to figure out if the 6 suspects are tied to as many as 15 or 20 fast food holds ups across the area.

The source says after police arrested and questioned the four guys in the car, they were then led to the other two suspects. Friday, all Chesterfield Police confirmed about that is more charges are pending.

The suspects are charged with robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, abduction and use of a Police have not yet released a mugshot of Shatik Jackson.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow