Investigators say a kitchen fire that forced the Short Pump TGI Friday's to evacuate was accidental.
Officials say the fire started a little after 9:30 p.m. Saturday at the restaurant in the 11000 block of West Broad Street.
The fire started behind the broiler and triggered the chemical suppression system, which sprayed the fire but didn't put it out completely. Firefighters had to rip open holes in the wall and the ceiling to get to the flames. The fire was under control in about 30 minutes.
Everyone evacuated the restaurant. One person was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Fire officials say there is a lot of damage in the kitchen. A manager says the restauarant will remain closed while repairs are made.
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics