Electrical outlet sparked destructive Chesterfield house fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Electrical outlet sparked destructive Chesterfield house fire

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) -

A fire that destroyed a Chesterfield home Friday started from an electrical outlet, according to fire officials.

The fire started around 10:00 a.m. on Sappony Road, near the Amelia border. Crews had trouble getting to the fire because the home is far from the road and surrounded by trees. Firefighters had to bring in two water tanker trucks to fight the flames.

It took 25 minutes for firefighters to get the fire under control. The home is badly damaged and the two adult residents will have to find somewhere else to stay.

Two adults were displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Tuesday, May 23 2017 7:26 PM EDT2017-05-23 23:26:19 GMT

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly