Gas leak prompts evacuation in Church Hill - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Gas leak prompts evacuation in Church Hill

Posted: Updated:
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

Residents at a Church Hill assisted living facility are returning to their homes after a major gas leak prompted an evacuation.

Fire officials tell us that just before 8 p.m., a utility crew accidentally hit a gas pipe in the 2400 block of Burton Street.

We're told crews were able to shut off the gas in the area within the hour.

NBC12 will continue to follow this breaking news story and bring you any additional developments as we get them.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow